Monday, May 24, 2010

Tonight's Dinner...Chik'n Pesto Pasta

I made a variation of this recipe ... .http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pesto-Pasta-with-Chicken/Detail.aspx


I used the Lightlife Chik'n Strips in place of the Chicken in the recipe and I used Meditalia Basil Pesto instead of homemade. I also used dry sundried tomatoes instead of packed in oil.

I sauteed garlic in olive oil till nice and brown then added the Chik'n and sundried tomatoes. I then added about 1/2-1 C of water from the pasta and let it deglaze the plan and to soften the tomatoes.
Once the water was cooked down I added half the jar of the pesto. I let it heat up for a minute and then poured it all over the pasta and mixed well.


Here are some not so great pics. Sorry. Dinner was ready so fast and the natives were hungry.





No comments: