Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Food/Product Review : Coffee!!!!

My husband had bought me the Keurig Special Edition Home Brewing System for Chanukah. I love it and have been using the individual Green Mountain coffee K-cups. I highly recommend this for anyone who only likes one or two cups of coffee in the morning and doesn't want the hassle of making a pot of coffee. And for my birthday he bought me the reusable filter. Which makes me very happy because I was feeling guilty throwing away all those little cups everyday. :( So, yesterday I went shopping at Whole Foods and bought some coffee beans. The brand is called The Coffee Scoop and it's a local (Bucks County, PA) specialty coffee company. They are PA Certified Organic and Fair Trade licensed. I bought the Breakfast Blend (Medium Roast). I must say this is THE best coffee I have ever had. If you live in PA get to a store and find this and if you don't like in PA get on their website and order. The price is reasonable too. I paid $10 for 12oz of whole bean goodness.

Here are some pics....

The Coffee Maker...


The Beans...


The cup of roasted, swirly goodness... (ignore the "floaties" I didn't stir it before the pic because I like the swirliness of it)

2 comments:

A Little Less Of Us said...

M -

That set-up looks awesome!!!! And I'll tell you, the reusable filters make a HUGE difference in the flavor as well. SOOOO much better and more rich flavor, YUM! Congrats on the set-up! I've been debating on a "single serve" myself, you might sway me! :) Thanks for the post!

N - (CGBee from AMH)

MamaRose said...

I highly recommend it, esp if you only drink a cup or two of coffee per day.